Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oh, For the Love of Food!

"Then the angel said to me, ... 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God."  Revelation 19:9


There are days when I can't wait to get to heaven.  Can you just picture it?  The celebrating! The excitement! The food!! Yes, I admit it. I love food. That's part of the reason I am in the position that I'm in with pounds to spare on my body. But in heaven... in my new body... I can only hope this will no longer be an issue.

I not only love to eat it but I also like to prepare it.  Cooking is something I do just for fun.  My daughter has termed it 'Recreational Cooking'. I gain much satisfaction from planning, preparing and execution of a meal. These past few days, God has reminded me of some excellent recipes that fit into a healthy eating plan so from time to time I will be sharing some that I find not only delicious but also satisfying.  Part of the problem in my life is that there are so many events that include eating. Parties, Bible studies, family outings all seem to throw a wrench in the works when it comes to eating healthy. This recipe is great for a brunch or lite dinner. For my Weight Watcher friends it is 4 points per serving. I like to substitute spinach and some sun dried tomatoes for the broccoli. Enjoy!



4 eggs
1-1/4 cups  1% milk
3 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed, cubed
4 cups  small broccoli florets, cooked, chopped
1 cup chopped onions
3/4 cup  KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat eggs and milk with wire whisk until well blended. Add bread; mix lightly. Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
POUR into 9-inch square baking dish.
BAKE 45 min. or until center is set and crust is lightly browned. Let stand 10 min. before cutting to serve.

Serves 6 -- 180 calories, 9 fats, 3 fibers --  4 ww pts.

1 comment:

  1. Patty,

    I too am a Recreational Cooker - just makes me feel good to cook. It's even better when someone enjoys what I cook!

    Saving the recipe - and thanks.

    ReplyDelete