Monday, January 23, 2012

Route 66: Day 23; Exodus 16-18

Landmark
Camping is not the Israelites idea of getting away from it all.  By now in the reading, we see that they are again ready to go back to their lives of slavery. Who can blame them?  They were after all Urbanites who 'overnite" had found themselves thrust into this undesirable, rustic lifestyle. They went from mass producers of food to hunter gatherers for the masses. What did God expect them to do? It wasn't like these Hebrews could sneak up on some unsuspecting herd of deer.  There were three million of the them! No stealth when they moved about. Contrary to popularity polls among the Israelites, God did not intend for them to perish when he brought them to the wilderness. He was going to use the experiences found there, out of their comfort zone, to convince them to leave their reliance of Egypt behind and learn to trust him.  

"I remember my affliction and my wandering...Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” ~Lamentations 3:19-24

No comments:

Post a Comment