Friday, January 6, 2012

Route 66: Day Six

Key Scriptures: Genesis 19-21

Oh, Lot, Lot, Lot.  Here you are in the thick of disaster needing to be rescued, AGAIN. Won't you ever learn? The thing about this story that always gets me is that when the angels say run for the hills or die, Lot has a discussion with them about why that won't work for him. He just can't do it.  It was way too hard. They conceded allowing him to have it his way. Eventually, Lot discovered the angels were right all along and moved on to the mountains but it was fear for his life that drove him there.

Anybody else a hands on learner like Lot, making compromises in life because the 'mountain' ahead of you seems to tall to climb? I know I am at times especially when God's requirements seem to hash or out of touch with my reality. But I have found through experience that His ways are perfect for me. He always knows what he's talking about.

Listen, you heavens, and I will speak; hear, you earth, the words of my mouth.  Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants. I will proclaim the name of the LORD. Oh, praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. ~Deuteronomy 32:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment