Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Route 66: Genesis 28-29

Landmark
There is something beautiful about a person's first face-to-face with God. That moment of recognition that God not only exists but he is also present and personal. Jacob's revelation comes as God passes his blessing that has graced Abraham and  Isaac and now him. I loved Jacob's words when he woke from his dream, “Surely the LORD is in this place, and I was not aware of it.”  He was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven.”  [28:16-17] Yes, it is truly awesome to be in the very presence of God. This passage makes me remember my own moment of recognition that God wanted to have a personal relationship with me and I can feel Jacob's excitement, awe and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment