Thursday, January 5, 2012

Route 66: Day Five

Key Scriptures: Genesis 16-18

Landmark
Running ahead of God will surely end up with some negative results but what is a couple to do? Abram and Sarai had been waiting and wondering about their child for some time. It had actually become a 'laughing matter' to them (17:17;18:12) perhaps because if they didn't laugh they certainly would cry. The waiting had turned their focus inward toward their disappointment seeking a way to remove their pain. In the end, it only multiplied their misery causing jealousy, anger, hate, abuse, disunity. Waiting is one of the hardest things we do but we can find blessing in it if our focus remains on the Lord. 

 Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord. But those who fail to find me harm themselves..." ~Proverbs 8:34-36 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment