Thursday, January 5, 2012

Route 66: Day Four

Key Scriptures: Genesis 12-15

Landmark:
How often do we wish we could see the future? Abram got to have such an experience in Genesis 15:12-16 and it wasn't pretty. A thick and dreadful darkness fell over him! Four hundred years of misery and captivity for his descendants! Sounds pretty scary to me.  In order to avoid impending disaster overload, I think I will choose to take the one-day-at-a-time approach of trusting in God's words that he "knows the plans he has for [me], plans to prosper [me], to give [me] a hope and a future."

Oh, Abram got to see the hope, in his future, too, but a what cost? Knowing what the future held for his children and grandchildren must have heartbreaking. Just believing God, taking him at his word, having faith- has a more positive payoff. It is credited as an act of righteousness. (15:6)

Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn...
Psalm 37:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment